This is a Mexican variant of ceviche that is served on toasted corn tortilla, called tostada, avocado, pickled red onion and a salsa.
For the salsa I mixed toasted habanero chili, onion, garlic and tomato, orange juice, lime juice, koriander, salt.
For the tostada I made small corn tortilla and then brushed them with some olive oil and put on some salt. I lay them on a rack and then toasted them in a oven until they were dry and had a good colour. When I took them out of the oven I sprinkled them with some lime juice.
You will need
- Fish cut into bite size. I used cod.
- Orange juice.
- Lime juice.
- Fresh onion. Chopped.
- Tomatoes. Chopped.
- Habanero without the seeds. Finely chopped.
- Olive oil.
Do like this
- Mix the orange juice, lime juice vinegar and salt. Put the fish in the marinade.
- Let the fish marinade until it’s almost ready. I liked mine quite raw in the middle so I let is sit for one hour.
- Add the onion and let it marinate for half an hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it marinate for yet another half hour.
- Serve the ceviche on tostada and top with avocado, pickled onion and salsa.