This is a very nice way to prepare pork. The classic way is to use pork chops but shoulder will also work.
For side dishes I had oven baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
For the cauliflower. Bake it in a oven with olive oil, salt and pepper, 200 C. Add finely chopped garlic the last minutes and finish with freshly squeezed lemon.
You will need
- Pork suitable to fry. Pork chops or Pork shoulder.
- Olive oil.
- Gruyère cheese. Grated
- Dijon mustard.
- Crème Fraîche.
Do like this.
- Mix together the cheese, mustard and some cream. Taste with salt, pepper and some lemon juice.
- Fry the pork in a hot pan with olive oil and butter until its done. Nice colour and slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove the pork to a plate and deglaze the pan with Calvados.
- Reduce the sauce until the alcohol has evaporated. Add cream. Taste with salt, pepper and some lemon juice.
- Smear the cheese mix on top of the pork and grill it in a hot oven until it bubbles and gets a nice colour.
- Serve the pork with the sauce and the chosen side dish.