This is one of those simple but really tasty recipes. The combination of dijon mustard and fennel seeds works excellent with chicken. I often serve it with green beans and oven baked potatoes. This time, though, I wanted something lighter so I made a simple tomato salad with fresh onions, basil and a balsamic vinaigrette.
You will need
- One chicken. Cut into pieces or butterflied.
- Olive oil.
- Dijon mustard
- Fennel seeds. Crushed.
- Lemon juice.
Do like this
- Make marinade with olive oil, mustard, salt, fennel seeds and lemon juice.
- put the chicken pieces in a oven proof tray and apply the marinade. Let it marinate at least a couple of hours.
- Warm the oven to 175 C. Put in the chicken and let cook until it’s done and have a good colour.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with chosen side dishes.