A very nice dessert that is not to sweet. By reducing the citrus you get a very concentrated, almost orange jam-like, taste. It works really well with the smooth vanilla ice-cream.
You will need
- 4 – 5 oranges. Mix of blood orange and orange.
- 1 – 2 grapefruits.
- 1 – 2 limes.
- 1 tbsp honey or to taste.
- Vanilla. Pod or powder.
- Black pepper
- Vanilla ice cream
Do like this
- Cut wedges from the about three quarters of the oranges and grapefruits. Make sure to keep and press the juice from those.
- Press the juice from the rest of the oranges and the lime. Taste to see that you get a good balance between orange, grapefruit and lime.
- Put the juice of medium heat and add the honey, vanilla and some black pepper.
- Let the juice simmer until it thickens and become a bit like syrup.
- Add the wedges off the heat. Season with more honey and black pepper if needed.
- Chill the sauce.
- Serve the chilled sauce on vanilla ice cream.