A very rich, comforting and almost earthy soup. One trick is to let the onions and leeks slowly braise to get them really sweet. Don’t overdo the honey, it should only enhance the leeks.
You will need
- 7 – 10 jerusalem artichokes. Peeled, cut into pieces and put in cold water.
- 5 – 6 potatoes, or equal amounts of the artichokes. Peeled, cut into pieces and put into water.
- One onion. Sliced.
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic. Peeled and sliced.
- 1 – 2 leeks. Sliced.
- Olive oil
- Less then a tsp honey.
- Dried majron. About 1 tbsp.
- Dried savory. About 1 tbsp.
- About 1 liter chicken stock.
- 1 – 2 dl cream.
Do like this
- In a pan that can hold the soup, add olive oil and a knob of butter.
- Add the onion and garlic. Season with a bit of salt. Let them braise for about 5 minutes until they get soft but without colour.
- Add the leeks and slowly braise with a lid until the leeks are really soft. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add a little honey. The majron and savory. Stir.
- Add the jerusalem artichokes and potatoes. Stir.
- Barely cover with the chicken stock and optional water.
- Simmer until the vegetables is really soft.
- Mix the soup until smooth. Optionally strain the soup if you think it’s needed.
- Put the soup back into the pan and add the cream. Adjust the thickness with water. Season with salt and pepper.